This is a quick, easy and healthy recipe when you are pressed for time. It takes a total of 15-20 minutes to make and is delicious! If you are really trying to cut down on calories, you can forgo the cheese for a dish full of protein and fiber!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts diced into cubes
1 can of black beans
One can of corn (drained)
1/4 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup of shredded cheddar
1) Add oil to pan on medium-high heat, once warm add onions and cook for a few minutes.
2) While onions cook, put chicken, black beans, corn, lime juice and spices into a bowl and mix well.
3) Add green pepper to pan and cook till softened, about 3-4 minutes.
4) Add contents of bowl to pan, stir to mix and cook till chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
5) Add cheese and cook till melted.
This a great last-minute recipe if dinner plans fall through or you just want something quick.