Sliders are an awesome finger food, this recipe is a great one. The meatballs have a great mesquite flavor and the onions and bacon make them super decadent and yummy. This is perfect for parties or football games. If you are hosting, keep a plate of these nearby and you’ll have the whole place happy. But make sure you get one quick. You will not be able to have just one!
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Mesquite seasoning
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 slices bacon
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup Hickory smoke BBQ sauce
6 slices cheddar cheese
12 slider or Hawaiian rolls
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl combine the beef, egg, shredded cheddar, breadcrumbs and Mesquite seasoning until well mixed.
3) Roll the mix into 12 meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
4) While meatballs are baking, fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Add onions to bacon fat and cook until tender.
5) Cut rolls in half and brush some BBQ sauce onto the bottom of each roll. Add one meatball to each roll and brush with more sauce.
6) Top with crumbled bacon and onions and layer the cheddar over the top. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts. Top with the rolls and serve.