I have recently gotten really into zucchini. It’s so versatile and you can do so many different things with it! I make my Cheesy Zucchini as a side dish, but I wanted to try something else so I decided to bake them in the oven and make some chips. This came out crispy but still fresh. I loved them. I ended up eating the whole batch with a side of sauce (recipe here) while catching up on this season of The Affair (great show, definitely check it out!).
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
2 eggs beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
1) Lay out some paper towels and place zucchini rounds on top. Sprinkle on both sides with salt, cover with more paper towels and press down. Leave for 20 minutes. This will remove some moisture from the zucchini and give them a more crispy texture.
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3) In a shallow plate, add flour. In another shallow plate, mix breadcrumbs, Parm cheese, oregano and basil. In a small bowl, mix eggs and milk.
4) Take zucchini rounds and dredge in flour, shake off excess.
5) Dip into egg wash then dredge into the breadcrumbs, making sure both sides are coated. Place slices onto baking sheet.
6) Bake for 30 minutes till browned and crispy.