This is a really easy version of Baked Ziti that can be on the table in less than an hour. I really like making this because the leftovers last awhile. This is a great meal for during the week when you know making lunch or dinner the next few days will be tough.
1 box ziti
1 lb ground beef
1 jar marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2-2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper, each
1/2 tablespoon Basil
1/2 tablespoon Oregano
You can adjust the spices to taste
1) Bring water to boil, add a pinch of salt and cook pasta to al dente according to the instructions on the box. While pasta is cooking preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) As pasta is cooking, begin browning the ground beef. Once cooked, drain and add 3/4 of the jar of sauce and mix well. Then lower the sauce to a simmer.
3) Add all the spices into the sauce a little at a time, tasting along the way until you are happy. I go about a tablespoon at a time. When done, mix and let simmer until the pasta is done.
4) Once pasta is drained, add back to pan and add half the sauce and stir.
5) Add half the pasta to a baking dish, then top with the rest of the sauce.
6) Add half of both cheeses, then add the rest of the pasta and finish with the rest of the cheeses.
7) Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Enjoy the cheesy deliciousness!!!