When I made these all I heard was “It smells amazing in here!” These are savory and crisp since the green beans cook in a bacon and garlic mix that totally permeates the beans. These are a side dish that you will want to make again and again. For this recipe I used a mix of fresh and canned beans.
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
1 clove chopped garlic
2 tablespoons onion powder
4 slices bacon chopped
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook bacon in skillet until almost crisp and fat begins to render.
2) Add garlic and onion powder and mix.
3) Add beans and stir in water.
4) Cook over medium high until water has evaporated.
5) Season with salt and pepper and serve.