This is a heavy dish. It contains a lot of things that are great on their own but when they come together it’s amazing. This is meatloaf on another level.
1.5 pounds ground beef
3/4 plain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1.5 cups BBQ sauce (homemade version here)
4 slices bacon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic and onion powders and egg by hand. Once well mixed, add in 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and combine.
3) Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place onto a lined pan with a rack to catch drippings.
4) Lay the bacon slices over the top of the loaf and tuck underneath.
5) Baste the loaf with 1/2 of BBQ sauce and bake for 45 minutes.
6) Once removed from the oven, baste with the remaining BBQ sauce then carve and serve.